Pete Whelan

I graduated from Lincoln with a joint degree in PR and Media Communications back in the dark and murky past (or 2004 for those of you who can remember that far back!)

The course gave me a good grounding for what was to come, which included work placements with Middlesbrough Football Club’s Media and Communications team and what would now be called an internship with the Yes Campaign for a north east regional assembly.

My first ‘proper’ job was working for a small marketing and web development agency in Bradford, and from there I then went on to work for one of the largest print and distribution companies in the north east.

After a spell working as the PR Officer for the UK’s largest network of independent insurance brokers (rock and roll!) I joined DTW as an Account Manager in November 2006.

I’m now a Director and shareholder at DTW and head up the agency’s video and film production brand, Keynote Films, as well as handling accounts for major public and private sector clients including The Mersey Gateway Project, Redcar & Cleveland College, Working Links and North Yorkshire County Council.

You can find out more about what we do at www.dtw.co.uk and www.keynotefilms.co.uk